MBA Summer Intern: B2B Product Marketing
Location: San Francisco, CA
Type: Summer Internship; potential for school year contract work and full-time offer
Zipongo is a digital nutrition platform that takes the guesswork out of healthy eating with personalized meal recommendations based on biometrics and food preferences. We work with employers, health plans and wellness companies to reduce chronic disease and improve the health of their employees and members. Our solution delivers real-time support for all the places a person makes food decisions – at home, at work, at the grocery story, and at restaurants. We make healthy food the most tasty, convenient, and affordable option for our users.
We're on a mission to reduce chronic disease by making it easy to eat well. Are you ready to join our team and make a difference?
At Zipongo, Product Marketing plays a vital role across the organization, especially in supporting our Sales, Customer Success, and Product teams. With leadership across many domains including product positioning, strategy, pricing, Sales and Customer Success assets, Go To Market, new product launches, and more, a successful Product Marketing hire has a wide-ranging skill set. For example, you will be called on to use your excellence in qualitative and quantitative analysis, story-telling, and internal education / training; to apply your strong business acumen to a variety of complex decisions; and to bring an executive presence to the problem-solving table.
- Your summer will be structured roughly as: 60% leading your own dedicated projects, 25% supporting various other high-impact projects, and 15% getting to know the broader Zipongo organization, learning about working at a start-up and living in the SF Bay Area, and participating in team-building activities.
- Your specific projects will be determined together, based on your specific interests and areas of expertise, and based on highest company need.
- As an example, last year the Product Marketing Summer Intern led projects including launching a new strategy for user success stories, developing a new strategy and toolkit for our Customer Success team, researching a new market opportunity, and conducting research of new competitors.
- The ideal candidate is currently in their first year of a 2-year full-time MBA program at a top university, looking for an internship between years (which would take place 1 year before graduation)
- We are also open to meeting with candidates 1 year before, or just after, graduation of MBA and related graduate degree programs, based on prior work experience
- Candidates with at least 3 years of work experience in strategy or management consulting, marketing or product marketing roles, product management roles, or similar business/marketing functions are generally preferred
- Excited about helping us sell Zipongo into more companies, demonstrate value to existing customers, and inform Product requirements
- Product Marketing is a multi-disciplinary function; as such, the candidate should have some combination of expertise in spreadsheet and presentation tools (such as Microsoft Excel and Powerpoint)
- Experience in the technology, healthcare, and/or health-tech industries is preferred but not required
- Experience at a start-up is not required
- The standard summer internship is 10 weeks, flexible to your school schedule; we are flexible on +/- duration as needed or desired
- When submitting materials for application, please include your résumé and a brief cover letter
- The interview will consist of one or two phone calls and an in-person meeting. If you do not live in the Bay Area and are not coming here while on spring break, we can arrange for a video interview round instead of the in-person round.
To all recruitment agencies (unless otherwise notified in writing): Zipongo does not accept agency resumes. Please do not forward resumes to our job alias, Zipongo employees or any other Zipongo company location. Zipongo is not responsible for any fees related to unsolicited resumes.