Location: San Francisco, CA
Type: Full Time
Min. Experience: 5 years
Zipongo is a digital nutrition platform that takes the guesswork out of healthy eating with personalized meal recommendations based on biometrics and food preferences. We work with employers, health plans and wellness companies to reduce chronic disease and improve the health of their employees and members. Our solution delivers real-time support for all the places a person makes food decisions – at home, at work, at the grocery story, and at restaurants. Pointing users to the healthiest recipe and menu choices reduces the likelihood of making poor food choices based on convenience, cost and other factors.
We're on a mission to reduce chronic disease by making it easy to eat well. Are you ready to join our team and make a difference?
The Controller will hold a critical role in company operations, working directly with our executive team to create and implement new processes, systems and documentation to scale Zipongo’s business. A successful candidate will bring technical accounting expertise, demonstrated ability to take ownership over the improvement of our financial processes, and passion for building a high performing team. We are seeking a hands-on, roll up your sleeves type of Controller who thrives in a fast-paced environment.
- Manage all accounting operations
- Prepare and circulate timely periodic financial statements
- Own month end close process and provide timely, accurate, and comprehensive financial reporting
- Ensure quality control over financial transactions and financial reporting
- Help manage external relationships including auditors, tax specialists and other service providers, including internationally-based firms
- Act as a business partner with all other teams across the company to build scalable processes and drive best practices
- Assist with stock option pool, equity management and reporting
- Improve and develop accounting policies and processes
- Review sales contracts on closed-won deals for accuracy, and set up new customer subscriptions in billing system
- 5-7 years experience as a Controller
- The ability to be hands-on and detail oriented
- Thorough knowledge of accounting principles and procedures
- Experience preparing monthly and annual financial statements
- Strong leadership skills to manage projects and initiatives across the organization
- Remain flexible in a constantly changing environment and work independently with strong planning and prioritization skills
- Bachelor’s Degree in Accounting or a related field of study.
- Startup experience
- Passion for Health
Benefits & Perks:
- Generous paid time off (3 weeks vacation, Thanksgiving week off, sick pay) as well as flexible working hours
- Health insurance
- Weekly lunches and office snacks
- A free dietary consultation by a Registered Dietitian
- Relocation assistance available
To all recruitment agencies (unless otherwise notified in writing): Zipongo does not accept agency resumes. Please do not forward resumes to our job alias, Zipongo employees or any other Zipongo company location. Zipongo is not responsible for any fees related to unsolicited resumes.