Digital Nutrition Content Manager
Type: Part Time Contractor (~10-15 hours per week)
Min. Experience: 2 years
Join Zipongo in helping millions of members find an easier path to putting healthy, sustainable food on the table for their families, and help members with chronic diseases like diabetes and cancer overcome their conditions through our Foodsmart, Telenutrition & Foodscripts apps and services. Zipongo achieves healthier food choice by changing the eating environment at home, work, restaurants, and the grocery store. We work with employers, health plans, provider systems, pharmaceutical companies and wellness companies to improve the health of their employees, members, and patients, and reduce chronic disease. Our solution promotes healthy eating with highly personalized food purchase, cooking & grocery, and restaurant ordering recommendations, to help users achieve their health goals, free from the influence of unhealthy food advertising.
Zipongo is Eating Well Made Simple. We need to feed 10 Billion people by 2050, and we're working to help make eating healthy and sustainable around the world, aligned with the global EAT guidelines, Harvard School of Public Health and Walter Willett, MD, DPH. Are you ready to join our team and help solve one of the biggest problems facing the world today?
You are a Registered Dietitian (RD) who is passionate about improving people’s lives on a massive scale through the power of nutrition and technology. You love to develop engaging, educational content that inspires people to make smart food choices and improve their lifestyle. You enjoy the autonomy of working remotely while also collaborating with several key partners to deliver a host of high-quality content in a timely manner. You’re an advocate of food as medicine and the important role nutrition plays in managing and reversing specific conditions such as Type 2 Diabetes. You are excited to contribute your nutrition expertise to advise on product decisions and content. You love being part of tiny but mighty team making a positive impact.
- Planning and execution of a bi-weekly newsletter “NutriNews” and associated blog publications. Includes editorial planning, article assignment and editing/review, drafting newsletter briefs, image sourcing, drafting/publishing content in WordPress.
- Planning and execution of a daily client email campaign. Includes editing and writing new nutrition-related content, updating previously published content, recipe selection for daily email.
- Provide nutrition-related support for other company initiatives as needed, including new product feature development, marketing campaigns, pilot program testing, etc.
- Ability to deliver engaging, fresh nutrition content that is consistently on brand, on tone, and in line with Zipongo’s nutrition philosophy.
- Strong copywriting and editing skills; experience following AP or CMS guidelines.
- Outstanding project management skills and ability to meet ongoing deadlines (and even get ahead of schedule!).
- Sound knowledge of medical nutrition therapy across a variety of health conditions, especially Type 2 Diabetes.
- Excellent interpersonal and communication skills.
- Ability to work well with other functional team members.
- Bonus points for experience with Atlassian JIRA and/or WordPress.
- Proficiency using a MacBook Air, and G-Suite including docs, sheets and slides, and smartphone apps.
- Experience developing and managing nutrition content.
- B.S. Degree from an accredited institution; M.S. or MPH preferred.
- Credentialing as a Registered Dietitian.
- Minimum of two (2) years of professional experience in dietetics.
- Bonus points for experience in corporate nutrition/wellness.
- Compensation is commensurate with level of education and experience.
- This is a part time as-needed work at home (WAH) role.
- Please click the green button below, and include your resume, a brief cover letter, and a link to your writing samples/blog.
To all recruitment agencies (unless otherwise notified in writing): Zipongo does not accept agency resumes. Please do not forward resumes to our job alias, Zipongo employees or any other Zipongo company location. Zipongo is not responsible for any fees related to unsolicited resumes.