Manager, Email Marketing
Location: San Francisco, CA
Type: Full Time
Min. Experience: 3 years
Zipongo is a digital nutrition platform that takes the guesswork out of healthy eating with personalized meal recommendations based on biometrics and food preferences. We work with employers, health plans and wellness companies to reduce chronic disease and improve the health of their employees and members. Our solution delivers real-time support for all the places a person makes food decisions – at home, at work, at the grocery story, and at restaurants. Pointing users to the healthiest recipe and menu choices reduces the likelihood of making poor food choices based on convenience, cost and other factors.
We're on a mission to reduce chronic disease by making it easy to eat well. Are you ready to join our team and make a difference?
At Zipongo, email is a vital link to our users. It is an essential tool to deliver in-depth and engaging nutrition and other health-related information. We are looking for an Email Marketing Manager to help us take our program to the next level of depth and breadth. You have a passion for building and maintaining strong email procedures and analyzing the data to drive continuous improvement. Deep knowledge of email best practices and project management processes is a must for this mission-critical role.
- Manage the flow of email communications to our users by maintaining our email queue
- Help with peer review of code and email templates
- Follow email testing, coding, QA, and scheduling procedures
- Maintain detailed send calendar
- Manage email reporting and performance analysis
- 3-5 years’ experience in marketing with at least 1 year experience in email marketing
- Knowledge of HTML/CSS code, and experience with at least one of the top Email Service Providers (e.g., Silverpop (Watson Marketing Automation), Marketo, ExactTarget (Salesforce Marketing Cloud)
- Possesses strong email project management skills, attention to details, and has a keen eye for clean and polished UI implementation
- Familiarity with a high volume email environment
- Highly efficient team player, with the ability to work independently in a fast-paced environment
- Demonstrated understanding of email marketing best practices, including responsive email design, inbox placement and QA
- Skilled in A/B testing, data analysis, and reporting
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills, with the ability to present to technical and non-technical audiences
- High energy with the ability to juggle multiple priorities under pressure and tight deadlines in a fast paced, changing environment
- BA or BS degree
Benefits & Perks:
Zipongo aims to take care of you and the people you care about. Zipongo is headquartered in ‘The Barc’, the corner of San Francisco near the Embarcadero, Levi’s Plaza, the new Exploratorium, and the Ferry Building. We have a kitchen with fully-stocked snacks and a fresh variety of fruits on a daily basis. There is also a treadmill desk, communal standing desks, and our monthly in-house massage 🙂
We also offer:
- Generous paid time off (3 weeks vacation, Thanksgiving week off, sick pay) as well as flexible working hours
- Health insurance
- Weekly lunches and office snacks
- A free dietary consultation by a Registered Dietitian
- Relocation assistance available
To all recruitment agencies (unless otherwise notified in writing): Zipongo does not accept agency resumes. Please do not forward resumes to our job alias, Zipongo employees or any other Zipongo company location. Zipongo is not responsible for any fees related to unsolicited resumes.