Type: Part Time
Min. Experience: 2 years
Join Zipongo in helping millions of members find an easier path to putting healthy, sustainable food on the table for their families, and help members with chronic diseases like diabetes and cancer overcome their conditions through our Foodsmart, Telenutrition & Foodscripts apps and services. Zipongo achieves healthier food choice by changing the eating environment at home, work, restaurants, and the grocery store. We work with employers, health plans, provider systems, pharmaceutical companies and wellness companies to improve the health of their employees, members, and patients, and reduce chronic disease. Our solution promotes healthy eating with highly personalized food purchase, cooking & grocery, and restaurant ordering recommendations, to help users achieve their health goals, free from the influence of unhealthy food advertising.
Zipongo is Eating Well Made Simple. We need to feed 10 Billion people by 2050, and we're working to help make eating healthy and sustainable around the world, aligned with the global EAT guidelines, Harvard School of Public Health and Walter Willett, MD, DPH. Are you ready to join our team and help solve one of the biggest problems facing the world today?
Zipongo is seeking PRN Registered Dietitians (RD’s) to support the comprehensive nutrition care mission of Zipongo, which is grounded in evidence-based clinical nutritional standards including the Company’s promoted use of a whole food plant based (WFPB) diet. RD’s in this role will leverage Zipongo’s digital platform to provide a broad range of nutrition and health related consultations, educational sessions and training to Zipongo’s customers, partners, and users. In addition, RD’s may be given the opportunity to assist in building out our patient learning curriculum.
- Providing individualized medical nutrition therapy (MNT) via remote sessions to patients with a variety of health and lifestyle needs.
- Assisting patients in getting the most utility out of Zipongo’s digital platform
- Researching and developing specific nutrition protocols for a variety of chronic and acute conditions in order to support client nutrition-related lifestyle and behavior changes.
- Demonstrating Zipongo capabilities in coordination with MNT to prospective customers=
- Stay abreast of current research in community nutrition and chronic disease management
- Sound knowledge of medical nutrition therapy across a variety of health conditions, and diet therapy using a WFPB dietary approach
- Active experience providing nutrition counseling to patients
- Proficiency using a Mac Book Air, and G-Suite including docs, sheets and slides, and smartphone apps.
- Excellent interpersonal and communication skills
- Ability to work well with other functional team members
- Ability to communicate with patients of all ages and their families
- Ability to facilitate learning through a variety of delivery methods including group instruction, virtual
- B.S. Degree from an accredited institution; M.S. or MPH preferred
- Credentialing as a Registered Dietitian by the Commission on Dietetic Registration (CDR) and Licensed Dietitian, State of New York or CA
- Minimum of one (1) to two (2) years of professional experience in dietetics
- Compensation is commensurate with level of education and experience
- This is a part time as-needed work at home (WAH) role
- Please click the green button below, and include your resume and a brief cover letter
To all recruitment agencies (unless otherwise notified in writing): Zipongo does not accept agency resumes. Please do not forward resumes to our job alias, Zipongo employees or any other Zipongo company location. Zipongo is not responsible for any fees related to unsolicited resumes.