Senior Operations Manager
Location: San Francisco, CA
Type: Full Time
Min. Experience: 5 years
Zipongo is a digital nutrition platform that takes the guesswork out of healthy eating with personalized meal recommendations based on biometrics and food preferences. We work with employers, health plans and wellness companies to reduce chronic disease and improve the health of their employees and members. Our solution delivers real-time support for all the places a person makes food decisions – at home, at work, at the grocery story, and at restaurants. Pointing users to the healthiest recipe and menu choices reduces the likelihood of making poor food choices based on convenience, cost and other factors.
We're on a mission to reduce chronic disease by making it easy to eat well. Are you ready to join our team and make a difference?
Join Zipongo in bringing to market an innovative new product which helps millions of users overcome the pain and suffering of living with chronic medical conditions, such as Type 2 Diabetes, through nutrition vs. drugs. As our operations lead, you will be the glue between product, marketing and clinical teams who is responsible for making Zipongo’s Food As Medicine platform a success. You will enable providers (e.g., doctors, registered dietitians), you’ll optimize the patient experience, and you’ll help us scale our operations to hundreds of large employers and health plans. You will also have the opportunity to improve Zipongo’s overall operations, hand-in-hand with our Chief Operating Officer.
- Lead cross-functional effort to define operational requirements for our Food As Medicine platform, in collaboration with our Head of Product, Chief Medical Officer, Marketing, User Growth, and Regulatory teams
- Define, implement, and execute all elements of successful provider operations for Food As Medicine including provider recruiting and contracting, training, scheduling, workflow, and billing during pilot phases. This will be followed by refining and scaling provider operations including building related tools and processes, to meet growing customer demand.
- Build out a practitioner training plan including scoping, development, and execution of training - including webinars, FAQs, how-to’s, and referral materials
- Own resourcing schedule for all clinical staff (doctors, dietitians etc.) to support telenutrition efforts for a Food As Medicine pilot
- Define reporting requirements for practitioners and patients who engage with the Food As Medicine pilot
- Define and document an implementation process for setting up Food As Medicine in new clinical environments
- Oversee Zipongo operations for user support including training, scheduling, reporting and tech stack development to meet growing customer demand.
- Build empathy for users by observing real trials with providers interacting with the platform
- Help to define new product requirements and operationalize across clinical teams through Zipongo’s agile product development process
- Improve Zipongo’s overall operations with our Chief Operating Officer
- Bachelor’s degree or equivalent
- 3+ years of experience working in an operations role, ideally within a clinical or start up environment
- Strong attention to detail and a curious mind; eager to facilitate smooth handoffs and help to close operational gaps for a successful practitioner and patient experience
- Jack of all trades: Has or can develop necessary expertise in design, marketing, reporting, analytics and project plans
- Startup experience
- Technical background
- Product background
- Telemedicine background
- Digital health / mobile exposure
Benefits & Perks:
- Generous paid time off (3 weeks vacation, Christmas - New Years week off, sick pay) as well as flexible working hours
- Health insurance
- Weekly lunches and office snacks
- Relocation assistance available
To all recruitment agencies (unless otherwise notified in writing): Zipongo does not accept agency resumes. Please do not forward resumes to our job alias, Zipongo employees or any other Zipongo company location. Zipongo is not responsible for any fees related to unsolicited resumes.