Senior Software Engineer
Location: San Francisco, CA
Type: Full Time
Min. Experience: 5 years
Zipongo is a digital nutrition platform that takes the guesswork out of healthy eating with personalized meal recommendations based on biometrics and food preferences. We work with employers, health plans and wellness companies to reduce chronic disease and improve the health of their employees and members. Our solution delivers real-time support for all the places a person makes food decisions – at home, at work, at the grocery story, and at restaurants. Pointing users to the healthiest recipe and menu choices reduces the likelihood of making poor food choices based on convenience, cost and other factors.
We're on a mission to reduce chronic disease by making it easy to eat well. Are you ready to join our team and make a difference?
If you are most comfortable when prescribed work, stop reading any further as this role is not for you.
However, if you enjoy the challenge, freedom and satisfaction that comes from both planning out and then executing on a strategy, then you are the droid we are looking for. You take pride in taking complex problems and arrive at efficient solutions. You are comfortable leading, or driving multiple projects forward and have the ability to distill higher level requirements into specifics.
Attention to detail is second nature for you and you’ve done enough projects to instinctively know what works, and what doesn’t. You want to be part of an extremely smart team in a fast-moving startup environment that is full of opportunities for growth and to learn from. You have a personal interest in health and wellness and can get behind Zipongo's mission.
- Design and implement new services, integrations and APIs powering the Zipongo application
- Consider cost / benefit trade offs when designing engineering solutions
- Key player in product spec review sessions and tech design reviews
- Routinely check logs, dashboards, etc. and identifies problems / potential problems / shortcomings, and proactively provide solutions
- Carries out in depth code reviews
- Contributes to best practices; help ensure best practices are put to use by the team
- Key leader in retrospectives and drives action items / changes forward
What We're Looking For
- Ability to design and develop practical solutions
- Frontend experience with modern frameworks like React, Vue, Angular, Ember
- Strong understanding of relational and noSQL databases
- Loves to collaborate with product and design teams
- Solid communication skills; know how to explain the same technical concepts to both engineers and non-engineers
- Comfortable operating in an interrupt driven environment when needed
- Detail-oriented, motivated and a self-starter who can work without supervision
- Degree in Computer Science or related technical discipline (or equivalent)
- Experience with Redux and Flux architecture
- Experience with AWS
To all recruitment agencies (unless otherwise notified in writing): Zipongo does not accept agency resumes. Please do not forward resumes to our job alias, Zipongo employees or any other Zipongo company location. Zipongo is not responsible for any fees related to unsolicited resumes.