Telemedicine Operations Director
Location: San Francisco, CA
Type: Full Time
Min. Experience: 7 years
Join Zipongo in helping millions of members find an easier path to putting healthy, sustainable food on the table for their families, and help members with chronic diseases like diabetes and cancer overcome their conditions through our Foodsmart, Telenutrition & Foodscripts apps and services. Zipongo achieves healthier food choice by changing the eating environment at home, work, restaurants, and the grocery store. We work with employers, health plans, provider systems, pharmaceutical companies and wellness companies to improve the health of their employees, members, and patients, and reduce chronic disease. Our solution promotes healthy eating with highly personalized food purchase, cooking & grocery, and restaurant ordering recommendations, to help users achieve their health goals, free from the influence of unhealthy food advertising.
Zipongo is Eating Well Made Simple. We need to feed 10 Billion people by 2050, and we're working to help make eating healthy and sustainable around the world, aligned with the global EAT guidelines, Harvard School of Public Health and Walter Willett, MD, DPH. Are you ready to join our team and help solve one of the biggest problems facing the world today?
About The Role
You will be a critical leader for new and existing products telemedicine products which help millions of users overcome their chronic medical conditions through nutrition vs. drugs. As the Director of Telemedicine Operations, you will own the strategy, business, and execution of physical and digital aspects of Zipongo’s Food As Medicine platform, and act as the glue between sales, product, marketing and clinical teams. You will enable providers (e.g., doctors, registered dietitians), you’ll optimize the patient experience, and you’ll help us scale our platform operations beyond hundreds of large employers and health plans and millions of users.
- Own the strategy and operational execution of Zipongo’s telenutrition business
- Lead cross-functional efforts to define new operational requirements, in collaboration with our Head of Product, Chief Medical Officer, Marketing, User Growth, and Regulatory teams
- Develop and maintain strategic roadmap of prioritized operations enhancements
- Direct the strategic planning and integration of telehealth technologies into Zipongo’s systems, operations, and clinical practice
- Own relationships with third-party partners supporting technology, billing, and other telehealth operations
- Recruit, hire, and train Zipongo’s network of Registered Dietitians
- Establish and improve efficiency and impact metrics
- Utilize general management skills to understand the big picture and make informed business decisions around topics ranging from capacity planning, to legal and contracting, to accounting, and beyond
- The ideal candidate will be a doer by nature - with experience helping early stage companies develop a scalable infrastructure.
- Bachelor’s degree or equivalent
- 7+ years of experience working in an operations role in a clinical or start up environment; ideally within provider operations
- Strong attention to detail with a relentless focus on closing operational gaps in order to deliver a successful customer, practitioner and user experience
- Intellectually curious with strong organizational skills that enable you to successfully manage and stay on top of multiple opportunities
- Jack of all trades: Has or can develop the necessary expertise in design, marketing, reporting, analytics and project plans
- Excellent cross-functional leadership skills; deft at driving alignment and action across a variety of junior and senior stakeholders
- Passionate about Food As Medicine
- Startup experience
- Product and/or Technical background
- Telemedicine background
- Digital health / mobile exposure
Benefits & Perks:
- Generous paid time off (3 weeks vacation, Christmas to New Year's week off, sick pay) as well as flexible working hours
- Health insurance
- Lunches and office snacks
- Relocation assistance available
- Please click the green button below, and include your resume and a brief cover letter
To all recruitment agencies (unless otherwise notified in writing): Zipongo does not accept agency resumes. Please do not forward resumes to our job alias, Zipongo employees or any other Zipongo company location. Zipongo is not responsible for any fees related to unsolicited resumes.